Apps Disappearing On Your iPhone And Android Home Screen? when coming here’s The Fix
It’s somewhat confusing when youths can’t find your favorite app icons on the home screen. It’s even easy if that youths can remember the common name of the missing app. But Usually, youths just do notice a gap between your app grids, leaving youths of course an uncertainty of the missing app. if that app icons keep disappearing on your Android device or iPhone, a many varieties of reasons can cause it. But on the flip side, they’re what youths can fix in no time. So article shows youths how to restore missing apps on your phone.
Why Are Apps Missing From The Home Screen?
Apps can go missing from your home screen due to many reasons. As for Android users, the commonest reason is that youths (or someone else) removed the app iconography from your home screen manually. On most Android devices, users can simply pull out an app by long-pressing and swiping it to an X iconography above the screen. Others unexpected thing to first of all long-press the app iconography, then tap ‘Remove’ on the screen. It’s as merely as that.
not only that, youths may possessed accidentally disabled the app, or hide it from the launcher. Some phones favorite TECNO, Infinix, and itel also possessed a robust feature called ‘Freezer’, which allows youths to freeze apps at your wish. The frozen app won’t run, send notifications, or even show on your home screen until youths unfreeze it. What’s again, your launcher might be playing hide and seek of course youths.
And for iPhone users, youths’re likely going to encounter apps missing after a period of time upgrading to iOS 14. It’s not a bug. It’s because of that of the generation App Library, which serves as an app drawer for iPhone users. Other reasons include removing the apps from your home screen manually or uninstalling it.
How Do I get Disappearing App Icons Back On My Home Screen?
today’s time that youths know why apps are missing on your home screen, restoring them is easy. first of all, we’d suggest youths restart your phone before continuing of course the solutions we’re going to provide below. Apps disappearing on your phone might be a temporary software glitch that can be fixed by restarting your phone. after a period of time that, refer to the next section below to restore missing apps on your Android phone, or skip to the latter if that youths’re an iPhone user.
Section one: How To Restore Missing Apps On Android
one. Re-contain Address the missing app to your home screen
A quick way to ascertain youths didn’t uninstall the app in the first of all place is to check your app drawer and contain Address the app iconography to your home screen again. Doing that is pretty merely too. On most Android launchers, youths unexpected thing to look for the app in your drawer, then long-press and drag it to your home screen. if that youths talent a TECNO or Infinix phone, the process is on the flip side. youths unexpected thing to locate the app in your drawer, long-press it, and tap ‘Send to desktop’. Doing that will place the iconography on your home screen. youths can then reposition it wherever youths want.
Unhide the missing app
Your inability to find the missing app iconography in your app drawer gives youths the clue that it’s either hidden, disabled, or uninstalled. I guessed the app is not deleted, it might be of hidden apps on your launcher since most launchers let youths hide apps from showing on your device. So, if that youths’ve been hiding apps before, kindly check the hidden folder for the missing app.
In situation youths’re not familiar of course that, it’s easy to find on your launcher:
- Long-press anywhere on your home screen to show the launcher menu.
- Tap Desktop Settings or Launcher Settings.
- youths should see the launcher settings by today’s time, go through the settings to find an option to hide apps. if that at all youths’ve hidden random app, youths should be able to unhide it from there.
- On TECNO and Infinix launchers, youths can simply ‘slide up of course 2 fingers’ to view your hidden apps.
3. check the Freezer/Disabled apps.
As said earlier, youths might possessed disabled or froze the missing app unknowingly, which is the reason why it’s not showing on your home screen. Disabling/Freezing an app is not equal to uninstalling it, however, meaning youths can always re-enable it when needed.
How to re-enable an app
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all apps.
- youths’ll see a drop-down tab named ‘All apps’ at the best of the screen. Tap it and select ‘Disabled apps’.
- if that the missing app is of disabled, tap it and click ‘Enable’ below the screen.
How to unfreeze an app on TECNO and Infinix phones.
- first of all, long-press anywhere on the home screen and tap ‘Desktop Setting’.
- Tap ‘Other settings’ and make tough ‘Freezer’ is toggled on. Then return to your home screen.
- From your home screen, tap on the ‘Freezer’
- if that youths find random of the missing apps there, tap it and select ‘OK’ below the screen to unfreeze it. The app should show on your screen by today’s time.
4. Reset your Launcher
Wait… is the app really on your phone, or youths’ve uninstalled it by mistake? It’s worth checking that before proceeding to reset your launcher. youths may possessed uninstalled the app why trying to move it around on the home screen. if that not youths, then someone else could possessed.
To check if that the app is still on your phone, visit the Play contain and search for it. if that youths can see a large ‘Install’ button under the app common name that ie youths’ve uninstalled it. Simply install it and contain Address the app iconography to your home screen manually.
if that the app is still installed but not showing on your launcher, your launcher might be acting up. Resetting it can often fix such issues. However, youths’ll lose your desktop layout and other preferences, but youths can always start afresh.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all apps.
- Look for your launcher on the list and select it. For example, TECNO uses HiOS Launcher by default.
- after a period of time tapping your launcher, select Storage & cache on the screen.
- Finally, tap clear storage to reset the browser.
youths should be able to see all your apps by today’s time. Start setting up your home screen by adding generation app icons.
Section 2: How Do I get My App iconography Back On My Home Screen On Iphone?
one. Restore hidden home screens
of course the debut of App Library on iOS 14, iPhone users can today’s time hide a whole page or pages on their home screen. These help youths de-clutter your home screen by showing all the apps in the App Library. So, if that youths’ve hidden a page on the home screen before, the missing app youths’re looking for might be there.
One again thing about hiding home screen pages on iOS 14 is that newly installed apps won’t show on your screen. They’ll be moved to a separate folder called “Downloads” inside the App Library. if that that’s the situation, all youths unexpected thing to restore the missing apps is to un-hide the hidden page.
when coming here’s how:
- Open the Home Screen Editor on your iPhone.
- Click on the page dots and record the unmarked pages.
- Finally, tap Done when youths’re through. youths should see your missing apps by today’s time.
2. Re-contain Address apps to the home screen
Restoring hidden pages on your home screen doesn’t mean youths’ll get back your missing apps. if that youths’ve mistakenly removed the apps from your home screen before hiding the page, restoring it won’t make random difference or bring back the app youths’re looking for.
In that situation, the best thing to do is adding back the missing app to your home screen from the App Library. when coming here’s how to do it on iOS 14 and later:
- On your home screen, swipe to the left until youths get to the App Library.
- From there, explore the app folders to find the missing app youths want to contain Address back to your home screen.
- Finally, long-press the app iconography and drag it to your favorite position on the home screen. youths may also long-press the app and tap ‘contain Address to home screen’ from the pop-up menu.
3. Reinstall the missing app
if that the missing app is not showing in your App Library, which ie it’s no longer on your device. Perhaps, youths possessed uninstalled it unconsciously. In that situation, all youths unexpected thing is to search for the app on the App contain and reinstall it. Doing that will bring back the app iconography to your home screen and the App Library. Meanwhile, youths unexpected thing to ensure youths’ve not hidden random page on the home screen, or the app will show in the App Library alone.
Bài viết cùng chủ đề
Thảo Yến Blog CỘNG ĐỒNG VÀ CHIA SẺ ĐÁNH GIÁ, bạn là người yêu thích nội dung bài viết này. Hãy tặng cho chúng tôi xin 1 lượt Like, Share nhé. Xin cảm ơn Thảo Yến Blog chuyên RIVIU, Chia sẻ, Đánh giá, chọn lọc địa điểm, dịch vụ, công ty uy tín và chất lượng. Đặt quảng cáo tại đây zalo chính thức.